Thursday, April 20, 2006

From Webs to Palm Branches



I'm blown away time and time again by just how awesome the internet can be.
So, granted, I have about a good hour a day where Judah is asleep and the whole house is quiet. For several weeks this time was used to catch a rerun of Friends or some other brainless activity. Until now. Through reading the Ross' blog and then linking to others I have found so many people I haven't even heard a word about in (some cases) years. So thank you to all who have contributed to making this world wide web what is is today. Stay at home moms everywhere thank you for the window to rest of the world.
Judah and I went to a play group this morning and he played the best I have ever seen him. I've had such an impact on him as I watched him in the home living center cooking for a baby (feeding it pizza by the way), shaking spices on his food (or sprinkles as he calls it), and then the best part: "I clean up my mess mommy!" He was mopping the floor with the Judah sized mop. So, Kenton, I'm sorry for domesticating our little boy.
Judah painted three amazing paintings while we were there and I was blown away by his "rainbow." He actually curved three bows of color together to create a real rainbow.
His day was continued by walking down to Douglas Avenue and watching the construction site. He sat on the side walk and watched the "scoop" clean up a huge pile of rocks. (There Kenton, that was a "boy" activity) Never in a million years would I guess that I would enjoy such an activity, but to see him content and not testing my last nerve, is priceless.
But the best part of the day was on our way home. He picked a leaf off our fence and started waving it in the air saying "Hosanna!"
My beautiful child does amazing things and I thank God everyday that I get to be a part of it. However, to see my two year old grasp a small concept of the Great Story and make it a part of his everyday life is beyond gratifying. As I sit here now, I'm nearly in tears wondering why God would be so kind to such miserable people as us. I can't pray enough that my son is learning at his tender age the way to go so that when his is old he will not depart from it.
So in keeping with Judah's enthusiasm and to describe the joy in my heart:
"Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the Highest."

No comments:

Post a Comment