Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Love That Dirty Water....Boston You're My Home!"

As all the marathon world knows, Boston's registration filled up in record time this year. In less than 8 hours or something like that.
I was on the fence and even leaning more towards the "not this year" side. The night before registration opened, a last minute decision to go for it was made.
It took several attempts and eventually some help from the runners on Twitter, but I got in!

I'm not 100% sure we're going, but I know one little guy who was more excited about the possibility than anyone else!

He's so excited! I don't know what power Boston has over us, but this big birthday boy fell in love just as hard as we did!
Driving the Duck Boat on the Charles River

THE Finish Line

Rubbing John Harvard's toe for luck in Harvard Yard

Enjoying a bowl of 'Chowda'

"Boston Comma" or Common depending on how well you read :)

Boston Baked Beans!!

He became a big Cheers fan after this stop!

Judah's first time in the ocean, it was chilly, but he loved it!

This birthday boy brings me so much joy. I can't believe I've had him in my life for 7 years now. He wants me to run the Boston Marathon every year just so he can go back to his adopted home.

Judah, I'd run to the moon and back everyday if it could make you smile. I'm the luckiest mommy in the whole world. My breath was taken away when the doctor said, "It's a boy!!."
I haven't gotten it back yet.
Happy Birthday to my little man, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, happy birthday Judah!

    I got in too....after sweating bullets for an hour of the endless registration loop before getting the "secret link" that some people were succesfully using to complete registration. Looking forward to the return trip!

    ReplyDelete