Friday, April 17, 2009

Easters

Señor Ramon: What is this?
 Nacho: Leftovers. Enjoy.
 Señor Ramon: There is no flavor. There are no spices. Where are the chips?
 Nacho: Somebody stole them.
 Señor Ramon: Did you not tell them that they were the Lord's chips? 
Nacho: I was trying to! 
Señor Ramon: You are useless Ignacio! 
Elderly Monk: Silence brothers! This is the worst lunch I ever had. 
Señor Ramon: Your only job is to cook. Do you not realize I have had diarrhea since Easters? 
Nacho: Ok... Maybe I am not meant for these duties. Cooking duty.
 Dead guy duty. Maybe it's time for me to get a 
better duty! 

Okay, so our holiday had nothing to do with Nacho's poor cooking or the Lord's Chips. But we did
 have a wonderful Easters.

On 
Pal
m Sunday we toured the 
Resurrection tr
ail with my parents and Judah. Our favorite activity was when we chose a name for
 Jesus. The Romans had a sign made that mockingly
 said, "King Of The Jews." Judah wrote out, "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah." Mr. Randy helped him nail that
 sign to a cross.
We later talked about how Judah could view Jesus as his Lion, his protector
. The Lion of Judah. It was a very powerful experience.


The








 Saturday before Easter has taken on 
a new tradition in the past few years. The Easter Sun Run 10K take place at Sedgwick County park. The day was blessed with sun, calm, and for my first experience, warmth. Every year prior, it has been
 freezing cold, so this was a welcomed change.
My goal was to set a new PR. I ran the 6.2 miles in
 43:29. Good enough for a three minute improvement from my best time and 3rd place in my Age Group.
















Rain was for casted for the next day so 
we bumped our egg hunt up to Saturday evening.

















Instead of toys or candy we had a surprise in Judah's eggs. He had numbered pieces of paper to help him spell out his present.
After he ordered all the clues, he was delighted to discover that he's going to go see Monsters VS. Aliens in 3D!!!! He' very excited, tomorrow is the show.


















We rounded out the night by making Jello Jigglers. However, the were less jiggly than we anticipated, but still fun. And of course we died eggs. Now, we're stuck with still about 1/2 a
 dozen hard boiled eggs. Judah like
s to eat them in theory, but I've thrown away too many played with eggs this week. (Take heart Kenton, only a few more egg salads and we'll be done!)














Sunday morning, I hit the road at 6:30 to get in my small run. As I headed back for home it began misting on me. By the time I was at church for worship practice, it was pouring. It continued to pour all day long. Our neighborhood egg hunt was canceled and our annual egg hunt with Aunt Faye was moved to Nana and Grandpa's basement. We made due, but it sure was a let down from the previous days wonderful weather.

It was a nice calm day spent with lots of wonderful people. Oh, and watching Transformers! I mean come on! It's Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment