Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Philippians 1:3

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

This was Judah's memory verse this month in Sunday school. He got it memorized real fast and would speed through it every time we'd quiz him. Finally, we asked him to slow down and say it to where we could all understand it.

It finally sunk in with me too. I have so many things to be thankful for. So many people that make my life rich and full. 
However, few really come close to the amazing thankfulness I have for my little boy.

He had to have surgery this month. Nothing major but surgery none the less. I played very brave for him all morning as we prepared to leave for the surgery center. As I read over the doctor's instructions I saw he couldn't have any type of jewelery or bracelet on. I wanted to give him something special so I grabbed the Sharpie and finally got to give him a reminder on his arm.
I love him most

He writes me notes on my arm to help me remember him during races. I wanted to help him remember me during his feat. He always says, "I love you Mommy!" I always say back, "I love you too." Then he says, "I love you more." I've always said, "Okay." Even when he was smaller he would ask, "Why do you always do that? You're supposed to play along."
The morning of his surgery I smiled and told him, "I actually love you most, not more."


"go go go <3 JOH"

He wrote me an arm full in October for the marathon. The nurses liked his note and our tradition. They said they'd never seen anyone do that before.
As he walked bravely back into the care of mere strangers I sat in the waiting room and cried on Kenton's shoulders.

Not soon enough they called us back and we could finally see our little boy. He wanted to sit on Daddy's lap (he later told me he didn't want to hurt me, that's why he asked for Daddy).
He drank a juice box and finally we were able to go home for recovery.
My favorites
As we sat around as a family of three this past Thanksgiving weekend, eating turkey tacos, we all went around sharing what we were most thankful for.
Did my sweet angel say his loving mother who would walk through fire for him? Heck no!
"Angry Birds, Gravity, the Wii, and Netflix."
No bother, I have to thank my God every time I remember him!

No comments:

Post a Comment